Monday, October 13, 2014

Both Sides

                                                                        

       


       Me and my mom couldn't wait, we were in her car driving from 5/6 camp. "Oh just think when we get home Soph there will be fresh food hot water CLEAN showers and oh I just can't wait." "Yeah" I said. Camp was really fun in all but I just couldn't wait until I sleep in my own BED! Just then my mom's phone rang, it was my dad I couldn't wait to see him! Little did I now today would be a risky scary day. All of a sudden my mom gasped. Usually she would say  something like this if something exciting happened. " Now way shut the front door!" but this time she just gasped. When I asked her what was wrong she wouldn't answer me. So I figured it was adult stuff. But about 15 minutes later she said. " Gido's in the hospital." ( Gido means grandpa in Egyptian) The last time my Gido was in the hospital was because he had a heart attack the doctors had just saved him. I don't know what he was there for this time. I was kinda scared. So I just said nothing it was completely silent the rest of the way. When we got to Beaumont hospital we ran to the entrance and up the stairs until finally we got to the room. There was a curtain pulled over the room we walked in. My Gido was in there with a thing attached to his finger and multiple cords to his body and a computer above his bed. His eyes were closed and my dad was already there. I came up to him and he picked me up, I started to cry because I love my Gido and I don't get to see him a lot and, I don't want my last memory of him dying in a hospital. My mom was crying to, Just then I heard a weak voice. " Sophie come here " my Gido said give me a hug." He tried to get up and then on the computer screen it said WARNING WEAK IN LOWER BODY. I ushered him back down and hugged him. He looked so tired. "How are you feeling?" I asked almost in a whisper. "Not good    Sophie." and then he closed his eyes. I went to the corner with my mom and asked her, " So whats gonna happen to Gido? " and she said " Well he's gonna stay here and take some medicine and get better hopefully." So if you pray to god if someone you love is suffering and you just hope something will get better.  And it will because of the nurses at Beaumont my Gido is still alive and well and I'm grateful for that.
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment