Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas tradition




   Every year for Christmas Eve, my family and some friends and I go to the Detroit Zoo. This year my cousins from Canada were coming with us. I was really excited, I haven't seen them in two years! On the 23rd my mom makes these delicious, New York chocolate chip cookies! They are to die for. the cokkie has three different types of choclate. Bitter sewwet. Semi~sweet. and regular choclate chips. the bitter sewwt is shredded and the semi sweet is chopeed up in to chunks. My mom also made this peanut butter coookie with peanut butter frosting in the middle (I'm not a big fan of peanut butter).

  First when we got there, there was nobody. It was awesome it was like we had the Zoo to ourselfs! First we went inside and I saw a big black bird roosting like a vulture on a trre limb. As we were walking through the Birds exhibit I said cuatsoiusly "Watch out for bird ppoop guys!" And i was serious. My old baby~Sitter told us when she was on a rolller coaster ride a guy in front of he had a pigdeon poop on his head, nasty. Anyway, yhen at the very top i saw Scarlet Ibis's about ten above on the tin celing. Tnen we walked to the butterflies exhibit, we saw moth's butterflies and crysilis's. We walked over to this glass thingy where threr were cyrisli's old and new, and some moth's out of threr crysialis's. Everybody had there eye's set on one though, one was wiggiling back and forth back and forth. Everyvbody stood for five minutes straight staring       then we wallked away dissapointed.

  We headed twords the reptile room and we all these green red and brown scaly snakes. I saw this big glass domed area where they kept a 16 feet long boa constructor. The lady says "She eats once every three months" I stood there starting. One every month! I thought geese la weese! This snake was like wider than my hand from the yip of my fingers to the start of my wrist! I went outside and all the other kids followed for one reson only. Cookies. Savory and sweet mouth watering chocolaty peanutbuttery. Cookies. I went back inside after the parents because,  Cookies. They were listening to a guide with awe. I saw a little lizard that was so coute and funny because ti looked like a pinecone! I wish I had a pet like that. I started pleading my mom "C'mon were all drooling for the cookies!!!"

 After our bellies were full of cookies and other snacks, We got up and saw the Gorillas and Chimps. When we got inside I saw a mom chimp with her baby hanging from her belly, and another little chimp following her. They were all hanging on side of the fence close to the celing. It was feeding time. Then there was this trouble maker he kept swinging on the ropes full of energy jumping screaming baralling into a barrel! Then an older one knocked some sense into him. When I went to the gorillas side there were three males. The eldest had amazing posture and sat there for five minutes straight. Then the other two were having a fight chasing each other around.

 When we went home we turned on the fire and got warmed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment