Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving Parade





    "Whoo" "Whoo" people shouts rang in my eardrums, Me and my family were at the thanksgiving parade watching a collage band go by dressed in red uniforms. I stood up and looked past the commotion I think I saw a Kermit the frog float. I said to my dad excitingly " Hey there's a Kermit the frog float coming!" "Jeremy?" my dad said through the ear~shattering crowd, "No!, KERMIT!" I shouted back. "What?" he yelled. Oh forget I thought waving my hand. As Kermit came there were people dressed up like Kermit, with green face paint smiling (some not). They were wearing little green hats, so they kind of reminded me as elves but tall ones.

      "VANILLA ICE!" a man screamed is lunges out as Vanilla Ice passed us on a float of ice cream he waved his hand as the music was playing LOUD in the background noise. My mom got excited and I did to, this was a good start to see Vanilla Ice on thanksgiving day. You know they should have passed out ice cream with hot fudge now, wouldn't that be something. Clowns were walking in front of a "freaky" clown float. "Clowns are kinda freaky. No?" "Not really" I replied to my mom. The clowns were all cherry shaking peoples hand in the front of the bars, throwing and passing out beads, saying happy thanksgiving! Then we watched more clowns go by "freakily" smiling at everyone, I would be cold and miserable in a costume that thin on thanksgiving day I thought, as they passed by.

      On the big big screen T.V I saw a video of grover the superhero heading on it's way through the sesame street fans. When grover got to us it leaned way in. Ok so you know how they have people at the bottom of the giant balloon, and the people hold strings to control grover? The people leaned his hand way in and as soon as they did that, Everybody literally laughed and started shouting and whooping. after that a couple more collage  bands went by an we ran to our car. A few more hours later we were at my gido and tata's house (grandpa and grandma's), we turned on the T.V and the parade was on T.V, the ending. And what I saw made me furious. I saw santa. And elves. Its thanksgiving people how do think the turkey feels which what i really wanted to shout out at that very moment

1 comment: